Monday, November 20, 2006

songs

i love how songs can so easily put into words and feelings exactly what i'm going through sometimes. when i can't figure out how to describe what's going on in my life, there is a good chance that someone has already written a song about it.

the most relevant line from a song that i could think of right now for me is a david gray song
"please forgive me if i act a little strange, for i know not what i do. feels like lightning running through my veins..."
or damien rice's song
"and so it is, just like you said it would be, life goes easy on me, most of the time.
an so it is, the shorter story, no love, no glory. no hero in her sky"

i had an interesting day yesterday. mostly just the evening. do you ever get into weird/bad moods and just don't know why? that was me yesterday. i'm going to blame it on the snow. winter is blah.

but sometimes life just gets blah too. we get stuck in a rut. and sometimes we are happy there. sometimes we don't even know we are in a rut.

if i put a downer on you day yesterday, i'm sorry. thanks for the hugs girls (gail, cheryl, jasmine and everyone else who took pity on my pitiful state). and sorry if i punched you (wes). sometimes i forget that i'm used to hitting my siblings, and you guys might get the brunt of it. lol. i think i need a punching bag or something. ben is gonna get beat up really bad one of these days.

so in all my strange ramblings (which actually did make me feel slightly better), i think i'm realizing that life sometimes just is the way it is. make the best of it, right? thank goodness for me, some people actualy write happy songs too. maybe my next entry will be a little more uplifting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelela said...

My dearest Donna. How I love you. You know what? I think the tough rough rut times are kinda good because we always learn lots in those times. Hugs are open anytime for you friend. Im here for ya like you have been there for me. Love you lots.

7:32 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

cheryl, thank you very much. for everything :D

7:34 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

oh shelley, the awkwardness...wow. and thanks for the bday greeting. i can't believe i'm 21...so old, practically dead. sigh. see you soon.

1:05 p.m.  
Blogger Gail said...

I understand I tend to steer towards the depressing moody songs aswell, I tend to remember them more.

11:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home