Sunday, October 22, 2006

from summer to winter

we had fairly awesome lawn ornaments for a few days. my sister's and my cars had to be off the road because of lack of insurance, but their winter home wasn't quite ready yet. so they got to be our decorations for a few days. much to my mother's delight. things like this don't happen to normal families, do they? :)


my "new" car for the winter has many names. the "piece" the general lee, the rebel, the orange jetta. whatever works for you. as much as i like to make fun of it, i'm really enjoying driving it. i mostly like the reactions i get when people see my car and expect some guy to be driving it, then there i am, a girl, and barely able to see over the steering wheel. ahh, life is so ironic. i think i'll have lots of fun.

in other news, i got to talk to my brother for a little while on the phone tonight. he is doing well. tired. he said to say hi to all you people around here who know him. he is missing being here, but excited to finally be in what he calls the "real africa". he mentioned walking along a river and having to think twice about how close he got because there might be crocadiles in it. i think it excited him more than anything else.

again, i can't believe how fast this weekend went. another long week to get through. here we go. hang in there.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelela said...

man i think you may get sick on me commenting but I love reading blogs and check them often. So I am pretty glad you update it frequently so then I can read it. It's wonderful! Next time you talk to Tim, say HELLOO!!! From me. That would be great. Also you can tell him I like his manly beard. Pretty awesome. Your car is pretty awesome. OH! My finger nail is still really weird looking from burning it. It is all whiteish and funny lookin. Well I hope you enjoy the week and hopefully it won't feel long!! Ciao!

4:58 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

hey cheryl. actually i check my blog often just to see if you have commented :D. so don't stop...i love it. lol. and i hope your thumb gets better. if it doens't, i can always come over and kiss it better....ewww.
talk to you soon.

3:50 p.m.  
Blogger Michelle said...

:) I like the lawn ornaments... you should have told me and i could have come and been joyful...
:)

You'll have to drive me all over the place in your awesome new car! It's so super!! :) I can hardly wait my friend. ;)

3:51 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

hey michelle, yeah, the lawn ornaments were awesome. and i will for sure pick you up sometime in my new wheels :D

9:08 p.m.  
Blogger Heartscape said...

Hey Donna, sweet car picture! It almost makes the car look good! I like the floating ghost car - it distracts you from how funny looking (I stopped myself from saying 'ugly') the car is, but then again, it makes you look at two of them, as if one isn't bad enough...

10:01 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

thanks sheldon, like you aren't jealous. i got the woofers set up, sorta, i'll have to show you how awesome the car really is. see ya soon.

11:45 a.m.  
Blogger donna said...

hey, just realized that i'm not sure if "lead guitar" means sheldon or wes. sorry if i got you wrong. either way, my car is still better....right? lol.

12:11 p.m.  
Blogger Kelela said...

I think your car is pretty sweet donna. The coolest car on the block I dare say. Now we can be really cool punks who head bang, wear bling and say " My momma didn't raise no foo!". We should also learn how to rap to fulfill this process of having a cool car. See you tomorrow. I hate deep fryer fries... arg. CIAO!

8:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home