Monday, November 13, 2006

sore

another weekend has quickly passed. but luckily for me, my weekend extends until friday. you gotta love those stat holidays and pd days. the thing i don't love is when my teachers realize that we have a bunch of days off and give us lots of stuff to do. ah, well, that's life.

so my weekend consisted of alot of eating, watching tv, swimming, sitting in the hot tub, and eventually snowboarding. my family went to canmore this weekend. it was very very nice to get away. and do pretty much nothing all weekend. my sister and brother in law (the dreaded in-law...lol) came along, as well as a friend that we grew up with in africa. we had some good times.

and then came yesterday. the day we decided to go snowboarding/skiing. now, you have to understand that i grew up in a country that never saw snow. let alone enough to snowboard on. so this was my first time. everyone i told said i would spend the entire time on my butt. it's true...i did. well, my butt, my back, my head, my shoulders...my wrists took alot of beating too. but luckily for me, i have a very patient sister, and lots of padding on my bum and pretty much everywhere else. i learned alot, especially how to get up. it was fairly frustrating though. you just get going, then you wipe out. or you just get standing up again and realize that your board is moving and you aren't, which leaves you face-planted in the snow. but all in all, i learned lots and will attempt to not make such a fool of myself next time.

i was trying to think of something profound to say about getting up when you fall down. but just thinking about all the times i had to get up makes me tired. so i'll leave it for now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

ouch, snowboarding does make you sore .. but I like it. Which reminds me that it IS that time of year once again. I shall have to dust off the old board and get out there. :)

party!

<3

4:35 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

uggg...just thinking about getting on the hill again.....michelle, i will try to love this time of year as much as you :D

4:49 p.m.  
Blogger Kelela said...

Hey friend!
Do you got any cool bruises?? I love getting bruises because it rarely happens. War wounds are wonderful. I am glad that you had a good weekend. I sure missed ya! Glad to hear that you are not dead. Loves.

7:42 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

hey shelley,
we should totally go with jeremy. i'd like to try snow blading. but we'll see. oh, and i can't get into your blog from here, it said the site can't be found :(. help. see ya soon

10:42 a.m.  
Blogger donna said...

cheryl, no cool bruises that i can see, but most of my falling was on my butt, so maybe i just haven't found them yet. lol

10:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home