Sunday, October 22, 2006

the journey

so i was thinking about life today. i tend to do that sometimes. and i was reading my journal from a few months ago. i had written a line something like "let the journey become the destination".

now for an explaination for those of you who might not think the same way as me. i find that most of my life is spent looking foward to a goal i've set somewhere in the future. like the weekend, or christmas vacation, next summer or even when in "grow up". and sometimes i get so wrapped up in getting to that goal, that i forget that life is going on around me, all the time. i can get so focused on one thing that i am looking foward to that i miss out on so much happening right now. it was just a reminder to me that we don't always have to live for some event in the vague future. our destination can be a part of the journey that we find ourselves on each day.

so if that sounds crazy, i'm going to blame it on lack of sleep. i should be in bed right now, but i'm not. go figure.

i was also looking through pictures today and found this one. it is one of my favorites, mostly because it is a picture of the "reel me". groan. if you didn't catch it, it's a picture of my reflection in my fishing reel. i know i've been hanging out too much with my dad when i start making such jokes. sorry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelela said...

Hey good lookin! So think I very much relate to you and your goals. I often have those exciting times that I look forward too and it keeps me going sometimes but then I found when everyone was in school and I wasn't, I didn't have any goals set out and felt real crappy which lead me to what you are figuring. I also should be in bed. My vocal cords kind of hurt from our opera in the car and for sophie today. Erk! Ciao. Have a blessed monday.

10:37 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

thanks for the awesome weekend cheryl. see ya later.

10:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home