Monday, January 22, 2007

methadone and immunizations

hey all,
well, it's been a while...again. life is pretty good. i was at a retreat this weekend, as many of you know because you were also there. i don't know about you, but i had a pretty good time. it was mostly really good to get away from the city for a while and just relax. i purposly didn't take any homework, so i didn't have to think about that at all. sometimes it takes just getting out of the same old every day routine to make you realize what life is about. this weekend i realized how fortunate i am. God has really blessed me in more ways that i know. He is truly good.
and i wanted to remind myself about joy. my parents asked me what the topic was, and i told them "joy", and that was it. but it was so much more. our joy as christians is something that can almost not be explained. it is reassurance and hope. the knowlege that someone else is in control. i'm hoping that my life will somehow be different because of what i heard the last few days. i'm not going to ask for suffering because i'm too much of a wuss, but i do know that it's not up to me in the end. i can rejoice in suffering (or so they say...we'll see :D)

today was quite interesting. it started at 5:15 when my alarm went off and i realized that i really needed more sleep. again. monday mornings always seem that way. i spent my morning at AADAC downtown. learning about drug addictions and how one group of people is treating them with a drug called methadone. it was actually pretty cool. the point of the morning was to open my eyes to one of the options that i might want to pursue as a nurse. man, i you want lots of incredibly job opportunities, be a nurse. it seems that every day i find some new thing that i could do when i grow up.

in the afternoon, i was out at a clinic following a child health nurse around. she was mainly doing assessments and giving immunizations to babies. it was cute. but man, can those kids scream. wow. i was impressed.

so that was my day. full. i'm tired now.

hope that you all had a good weekend. count it all joy.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

hey is methadone that one that they give addicts in place of the actual drug to slowly ease them out of their addiction? I heard about that...

i miss you. we need to go for coffee. I know I see you around and stuff but I think I only really get the full benefits of Donna-time when it's just you and me. We need a date. :)

7:28 p.m.  
Blogger Kelela said...

hey pal.

I agree. This weekend was good. I also appreciated Mike's words emencily (or how ever you spell it). Now I quote michelle, "we need a date" too. ;) Love ya

8:10 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

hey girls, well, i feel pretty special having dates with 2 hot girls. and yes, we will go out sometime. i know i keep saying that, but once i finish my practicum, life is gonnna be easy. see you both soon,
Donna

1:36 p.m.  
Blogger donna said...

oh yeah, michelle, methadone is the drug they give to keep people from going into withdrawl from opiats. its a pretty crazy program, but seems to work fairly well.

1:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home